Thursday, June 11, 2009




When I was a little kid, about 5 or 6, we went to this magical place called Peterson's Rock Gardens. It was beautiful. Wonderful buildings built from small agates and other rocks. There were lakes with bridges and peacocks. I remember looking at family pictures from that trip. Peterson's Rock Gardens is located just outside of Redmond. We were just recently in Redmond and as we were driving down the road I saw the sign for the rock gardens. Jerry being the most patient man in the world said we could go. When we pulled in I was a litCheck Spellingtle disappointed. They had a donation box for $4.50 ea. and I made Jerry pay the fee. We started walking around and it was obvious that they hadn't done a lot of maintenance since I was 6. There were still peacocks though. I called my Mom and told her where I was. I mentioned the maintenance issue. She laughed and said it wasn't much better when I was 6 except it was free then. I guess somethings are better left alone. Oh well we still had a wonderful trip and I did get to buy a thunder egg for Josh.


No comments:

Post a Comment