Thursday, February 10, 2011

WHAT MAKES IT WORTH IT?

Have you ever wondered what makes a person devote much of their lives learning to be a doctor or face danger everyday as a police or fire person?  Do you wonder why Pastors give up any chance for a normal life by being on call 24/7 for their congregation?  What about someone who does something less heroric?  What about a stay at home Mom?  I was fortunate enough to be a working mom and a stay at home mom.  We started out with me working full time plus at a start-up electronics company.  I worked 8-9 hours plus an hour commute each way.  I did that until Cassie was 3 and then we decided that I needed to be home.  At first I felt home bound and isolated.  Then I started to enjoy staying home with my girls.  When they were both in school I got a series of part time jobs so I could be home when they got out of school.  I got to stay home every summer with them and we had a wonderful time.  I was able to teach them about gardening, housekeeping, grocery shopping, and lots of other things. We never got a new car.  We seldom had an extra penny but it was worth every bit of the time I spent at home.  Our girls turned out to be beautiful accomplished young ladies.  Jessica is a wonderful wife and mother.  Cassie is a great wife and I'm sure someday she will be a great mother also.  Was it worth it?  You bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment