Friday, March 25, 2011

PASTOR'S SCHOOL

I just got back from Pastor's School/ Educator's Convention.  It was such a great blessing.  I got to hear many great men of the faith and attend hands-on classes in different areas.  My biggest problem in my Christian life has always been prayer.  I try very hard to do what I know what I should do but I fail everyday.  I say the quick God bless my food prayers and I ask God to help people who need help but I don't seem to be very good at having long conversations with God. 
One of the sessions I attended was entitled "Why You Hate To Pray" by David Gibbs III.  He talked about the reasons we hate to pray and I suddenly understood something.  I wasn't the only one.  I am just like everyone else.  Bro. Gibbs said, "The only way to have a great prayer life is to have a great prayer list."  This struck home to me.  I will be working on a great prayer list.  I already have many things I pray for everyday but I need a more detailed list.  A list that pinpoints the areas of life that really need help.  I am so thankful that God showed me how to talk to him and I can't wait to get started on this great journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment