Monday, August 2, 2010

OH BROTHER!!!

I'm sure you have had it happen to you. You think, I'll do it later and somehow you never remember to do it. I can give you all the excuses, I've been busy, I didn't have time, I forgot, but the truth is I just didn't do it. I now have to make up for nearly a month of inactivity.



Starting with VBS... VBS was so awesome. It is held in the evening form 6:30 to 8:30. The buses drop off the kids at the church at 6:30 and they are divided into the different age groups. They are taught a lesson and then color a picture. Then they go outside and get a snack. They run around for awhile and then everyone goes to the auditorium where we see a skit that has Sheriff Ogle and his loyal deputy Cactus. They battle Mr. DeVil The story continues each day ending with the HAC tour group singing and helping Sheriff Ogle defeat Mr. Devil and his gang. We had 248 children on the last day. All together we had over 1100 children visit our church that week with 50+ salvations.

The next week Josh and Jessica went to youth camp and youth conference. They spent 2 nights camping with their teens and then went to the youth conference at First Baptist. Many hearts were touched and a good time was had by all.

The next week we took off and went to ST. Louis for 2 nights. We had a wonderful time at the zoo there. It is 90 acres and free.

Now we are caught up to this week. I found out that I am teaching kindergarten/first grade. I am really excited about it. I will start working on my classroom this week. I want to paint it and figure out how I want to decorate it. School starts Aug. 17 TH.

August 15 TH we are having a carnival to raise money for our youth conference. Jerry will be in the redneck dunk tank.

On August 20-21 our church is sponsoring a youth conference. We have 2 speakers coming with over 100 confirmed teens coming. We have volunteered to help in anyway we can.

I am still working at Kmart and when school starts I will be working 2 jobs for awhile. We are able to purchase medical insurance from Kmart at a good price.

Our house is coming along really well. Jerry has been working so hard and I am so proud of him.

Our friend and Sunday school teacher just got the news today that he does not have cancer. God is so good.

We have been truly blessed. God has continually answered our prayers and we are so very thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been busy! It sounds like so much fun and I am jealous - teaching kindergarten and first grade sounds fabulous! :) I miss teaching.
    And I miss you, but I can tell from all your posts that you and Mr. B. are supremely happy where you are, and that's the most important thing.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete