Sunday, January 31, 2010

Showers of Blessings




Today I stayed home from church to take care of Kyndra because she and Jessica are sick. Kyndra came out to Mema's house and we watched Little Einsteins and colored. She helped me pick up and then we went back in the house and she went down for a nap. I am so thankful that we can help in times like this. We never had anyone to help and if I was sick Jerry either stayed home from work or the kids ran wild.


I need to tell you how good God has been to us lately. Jerry wanted to put glass brick under our jacuzzi tub when he installed it. We saw a floor that was elevated a few inches and had lighted brick along the edge and ever since then he has been talking about putting them under the tub. They are very expensive and I kind of figured we just wouldn't be able to do it when it came right down to it. How dumb I am. Even after everything God has done for us I still doubt. Well not really doubt. I just figure it's not that big of a deal either way. We went to Restore (it's a kind of Goodwill for building supplies run by Habitat for Humanity). I found $100 worth of glass brick for $15. I was so excited Josh thought something was wrong. Then we went to Goodwill looking for Western wear for our Valentine's banquet and Jerry found $160.00 worth of drain pieces for the tub for only $20. Now these items were all brand new. Also years ago we bought a TV Guardian for Josh and Jess at GVCA's school auction. It was ruined when they were in China during a lightning storm. We found a brand new one at Goodwill for only $10. I told Jerry that even if I don't feel like reading my Bible everyday or praying several times a day or go soulwinning or go to church I'm going to do it anyway just because I'm so thankful for all he has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment